The Snug
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snug

Small place for BIG TALK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you believe in God

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
magica

magica

Do you believe in God Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Thought I'd put something in here since its all new and fresh lol!

Do you believe in God? Do you believe that Jesus was the son of God? I know there's been amny threads on this subject, but just thought I'd add one here.

I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the spirit world and a greater entity. I think Jesus was just a very good preacher, probably psychic too, and not the son of God, and died because he was a threat to the Rabbis and also insurrection to Rome, not for our sins as the Bible would have us believe.

There were many preachers around at the same time as Jesus, with a good following too, and also many died because of their beliefs, but Jesus' followers kept his name going and spread his name all over various countries. So he wasn't forgotten like the others.

My theory anyway - for what it's worth. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Lexi
Admin
Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:01 pm

I think Jesus was just the 'Elvis' of 'their' day! Very Happy Laughing I'm not religious but I do believe in spirits! I have my own experiences that convince me! Smile I'm with you on this one Madge! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/PixieSings
leterrip

leterrip

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:17 am

yes and I combine several of my own theories. I go to church because it makes me feel good. I listen and use what I need.
Back to top Go down
leterrip

leterrip

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:19 am

what you said lexi is interesting. I tend to agree/ spiritual/and believing are apart from Jesus but not God.IMO
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:53 am

Do you believe in the entity of God Lets, or believe he did actually create the world. I know you go to church, so its good to ask someone who is in that frame of mind. flower
Back to top Go down
syl

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:54 am

Magica,
Your opening post sort of summs up what I believe.
Jesus did exist, a very charasmatic man, who's teachings lived on. He was just a man though.
I know this sounds daft, but I imagine Princess Diana to be remembered, in a few hundred years, as historically the beautiful woman who brought goodness and light, to us heathens in the 20th Century.
Especially If the Royal family fade out in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Lexi wrote:
I think Jesus was just the 'Elvis' of 'their' day! Very Happy

I thought Jesus died on the cross not the shithouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
leterrip

leterrip

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:26 pm

utterly charming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God   Do you believe in God Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in God
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Snug :: Your Round :: Religion-
Jump to: