The Snug
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Snug

Small place for BIG TALK

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Policing of forums.

Go down 
+4
honeybear
Lexi
syl
rollup
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jobless Oddball

Policing of forums. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 am

Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
The Police would not investigate if I reported that I had spilt some tea on my carpet as it isn't against the law even though it would be classed as an incident. The Police are obliged to investigate criminal incidents that have been reported to them. Wink

But they wouldn't give you an incident number for the great tea fiasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Your point is unmade, you said 'The police HAVE to investigate every incident reported to them' and I merely showed you the error in your statement. Wink

It only becomes an incident once you get an incident number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
The Police would not investigate if I reported that I had spilt some tea on my carpet as it isn't against the law even though it would be classed as an incident. The Police are obliged to investigate criminal incidents that have been reported to them. Wink

But they wouldn't give you an incident number for the great tea fiasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Your point is unmade, you said 'The police HAVE to investigate every incident reported to them' and I merely showed you the error in your statement. Wink

It only becomes an incident once you get an incident number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

I'm have to point out that it is you that is at error Wink

Quote :
in⋅ci⋅dent
  /ˈɪnsɪdənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-si-duhnt] Show IPA
Use incident in a Sentence
See web results for incident
See images of incident
–noun
1. an individual occurrence or event.
2. a distinct piece of action, or an episode, as in a story or play.
3. something that occurs casually in connection with something else.
4. something appertaining or attaching to something else.
5. an occurrence of seemingly minor importance, esp. involving nations or factions between which relations are strained and sensitive, that can lead to serious consequences, as an outbreak of hostilities or a war: border incident; international incident.
6. an embarrassing occurrence, esp. of a social nature.
–adjective
7. likely or apt to happen (usually fol. by to).
8. naturally appertaining: hardships incident to the life of an explorer.
9. conjoined or attaching, esp. as subordinate to a principal thing.
10. falling or striking on something, as light rays.
Origin:
1375–1425; late ME < MF < ML incident- (s. of incidēns a happening, n. use of prp. of L incidere to befall), equiv. to L in- in- 2 + -cid- (comb. form of cad- fall) + -ent- -ent; cf. cadence
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 am

Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Quote :
in⋅ci⋅dent
See images of incident
–noun
5. an occurrence of seemingly minor importance, esp. involving nations or factions between which relations are strained and sensitive, that can lead to serious consequences, as an outbreak of hostilities or a war: border incident; international incident.
–adjective
Origin:
1375–1425; late ME < MF < ML incident- (s. of incidēns a happening, n. use of prp. of L incidere to befall), equiv. to L in- in- 2 + -cid- (comb. form of cad- fall) + -ent- -ent; cf. cadence

POLICE INCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Quote :
in⋅ci⋅dent
See images of incident
–noun
–adjective
Origin:

POLICE INCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nowhere in your post did you refer to a Police incident, merely that "The police HAVE to investigate every incident reported to them". You need to be more specific and think before you post. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:08 am

Stooo wrote:

Nowhere in your post did you refer to a Police incident, merely that "The police HAVE to investigate every incident reported to them". You need to be more specific and think before you post. Wink

So who did you report it to?????????????????????????????????????????????

The butchers???????????????????????????????????????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Please keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

The butchers???????????????????????????????????????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I made it clear as to who it was reported to, you confused yourself by referring to an incident rather than a Police incident. I hope you have learned to be specific in your statements and will learn from this experience. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:16 am

Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I made it clear as to who it was reported to, you confused yourself by referring to an incident rather than a Police incident. I hope you have learned to be specific in your statements and will learn from this experience. Wink

You assumed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't assume as it'll make you look foolish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You assumed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't assume as it'll make you look foolish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the one assuming that I assumed. As I have already stated, I merely pointed out the glaring error in your statement. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 am

Stooo wrote:
You are the one assuming that I assumed. As I have already stated, I merely pointed out the glaring error in your statement. Wink

You're assuming again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You're assuming again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing

Merely clarifying your position Wink
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 am

Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

In the form of an assumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:57 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

In the form of an assumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're assuming again, not a good position to take really Wink
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Stooo wrote:

I would say that assuming is a better postion to be in than the position you're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stooo

Stooo

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I would say that assuming is a better postion to be in than the position you're in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What position would you assume I'm in? Wink
Back to top Go down
rollup

rollup

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:46 pm

I got a telling off off micky on his forum for not coming in here waving a big stick at you two ...dya think he's after a mods job?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/jackb
leterrip

leterrip

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:51 pm

It is unfortunate all of the forums are sniveling snake pits. and quite boring tbh.
Back to top Go down
rollup

rollup

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:55 pm

leterrip wrote:
It is unfortunate all of the forums are sniveling snake pits. and quite boring tbh.

Been some slippin and sliding for sure.
Back to top Go down
blackdahlia

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:23 am

jack wrote:
leterrip wrote:

Been some slippin and sliding for sure.

You'll fit in nicely then Wink
Back to top Go down
leterrip

leterrip

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:55 am

tbh I don't think I a forum person. to much inside activity and shenanigans with little clicks. Politics seem to rule as always.
Back to top Go down
rollup

rollup

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 am

leterrip wrote:
tbh I don't think I a forum person. to much inside activity and shenanigans with little clicks. Politics seem to rule as always.

I t all got out of hand when micky convinced himself this thread was about him.
It went downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
Jobless Oddball

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 am

Stooo wrote:
What position would you assume I'm in? Wink

I don't assume as I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Policing of forums.   Policing of forums. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Policing of forums.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3